Microsoft Dynamics is a line of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software applications. Microsoft markets Dynamics applications through a network of reselling partners who provide specialized services. Very few installations take place without the aid of third-party resellers. Dynamics can be used with other Microsoft programs and services, such as SharePoint, Yammer, Office 365, Azure and Outlook. The Microsoft Dynamics focus-industries are retail, services, manufacturing, financial services, and the public sector. Microsoft Dynamics offers services for small, medium, and large businesses.
Microsoft Dynamics ERP comprises a group of enterprise resource planning products aimed at different market segments, ranging from Dynamics GP for SMBs to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations geared toward medium to large organizations with multi- language, currency, and legal entity capability. Microsoft Dynamics ERP includes the following primary products:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (formerly Dynamics AX) - multi-language, multi-currency enterprise resource planning (ERP) business software with global business management features for financial, human resources, and operations management as well as additional industry capabilities for retailers, professional service industries, financial service businesses, manufacturers, and public-sector organizations.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains Software) - ERP software for small and midsize businesses: helps manage financials, supply chain, and employees.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision) - business management solution that helps small and mid-sized businesses manage their financials, supply chain, and people. It features multiple languages and multiple currencies.
- Microsoft Dynamics SL (formerly Solomon IV) - designed for project-driven organizations in North America. Business management software that supports future business growth.
- Microsoft Dynamics C5 (formerly Concorde C5) can assist with finance, manufacturing, supply chains, analytics and electronic commerce for small and medium-sized enterprises. The latest version is Microsoft Dynamics C5 2010.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a customer relationship management application from Microsoft that provides sales, service, and marketing capabilities. Microsoft sells Microsoft Dynamics CRM separately from the ERP products. CRM is available either as on-premises software or as a software-as-a-service offering called "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online".